A telepath has a completely different perspective on greetings
received from normal people. All events, be they chance passing
on the street, in a shop, in the workplace, etc. or as a part
of directed social interaction invoke virtually identical
responses from the other person internally, although the external
manifestation varies somewhat. The unfortunate consequence for
the telepath is that the internal response overwhelms and
devastates the external response. I say unfortunate because,
well, just have a look at the top 10 internal responses that
they have to be subjected to all of the time...
- Don't look. Just keep walking. Pretend not to be afraid.
- Don't you ever get tired of being so ugly?
- Oh my god, that psycho is looking at me. What am I going to do?
- Do you make a habit of being the ugliest person in the room?
- I hope that ugly son of a bitch doesn't start talking to me.
- I sure am glad I don't look like that.
- Got any spare change? (This one is nearly identical in the
internal and external manifestations)
There you have it. Good thing normal people can't hear what
telepaths think about them!